Thursday 12 July 2007

Hey Mr Vieira I ask the questions

Did you fight with your brothers when you were young?



Hawar Mulla Mohammed gave his Captain a Baghdad caress during the last Iraqi game against Thailand.

So I asked the question at the Press Conference

"Hawar, given you gave your Captain a Baghdad Caress in the last game, how is your relationship with Younis Mahmoud now."

Hawar was apologetic, said he didn't mean and things are fine.

But then the Iraqi Coach Jorvan Vieira, who is a tremendously warm and friendly man, it must be said, asked me a question!

In the middle of the Press Conference. That will teach me to open my mouth.

What did he ask?

"Do you have brothers?"

To which I replied, "I do, three." Because I do have three.

"When you were young (nice dig Jorvan) did you not fight with your brothers."

Well I'm not going to let him a way with that am I.

"Yes I did, but now I'm older I don't," I replied. "And wouldn't you be concerned such indiscipline could be punished by the AFC?"

"It's not a problem. We deal with things in our own way."

No worries Mr. Vieira, and I'm impressed the way you defended your player. But in England Lee Bowyer and Kieran Dyer earned suspensions for having handbags in the middle of a game, so why not your player?

Anyway I didn't ask another question at any press conference for the rest of the day:)

Here's what www.sportal.com.au Chief of Staff, Bren O'Brien wrote the next day.

http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/football-news-display/iraqi-coach-dismisses-disharmony-30955




"

No comments: