Tuesday 17 July 2007

The wrap from the post-match in the mixed zone.

Didn't they do well. Sydney FC's Australian defenders!


Well we did it, and players and press were happy to chatlast night



Here's a few snippets of what was said.



Graham Arnold, "Well tonight we played well for 85 minutes."



An insider, "We gave the ball way too much in the second half. If Vinnie has it and players aren't moving he's wondering do you want it or don't you. We need to improve, it's not good."



Mark Milligan, "Great to have two Sydney boys in the team. No I didn't know Dave (Carney) was defender. I've never seen him play there, and I've never seen him defend before." he laughs



Dave Carney, "No I've never played left back in my life. I thought I did well, and I felt pretty comfortable."



Simon Hill, "Could be the ratings of the year on Saturday 8:30 against Japan."



Robbie Slater, "Everyone's smiling now."



Simon Hill, "They will have to improve for Saturday."



Carl Valeri, "I was just about to get on and then we scored."



Thai Coach, "Australia were lucky tonight. The weather helped them."



Mood was good. It was great to be around after a win. I've seen the ugly, after Iraq, so nice to see The Australian manager and players relaxed.



It's been a tense time. Saturday is what joining Asia is all about.



Atmosphere was tremendous last night. Well done Thailand a fantastic performance. Hard to believe they are semi-pros!

No comments: