Wednesday 11 July 2007

A Baghdad Caress anyone, anyone?

All together now!

From the left Iraqi stars Younis Mahmoud, and Hawar Mulla Mohammed

You've heard of the Glasgow kiss well what about the Baghdad caress.

During a tense moment in the game against Thailand, Hawar Mulla Mohammed nutted Younis Mahmoud.

Younis, the Iraqi captain, had failed to pass the ball, so Hawar made the caress.

I have no problem with that. Passing is important in any game after all and these things need to be kept in proportion. I think Hawar did.

Why he's not banned by the AFC is another matter.

Anyway I couldn't resist the photo opportunity.

"We're all friends now, " I suggested to the two Iraqi's.

Hawar laughed and put his arm around Younis. "No problem." he said.

I wish them well on Friday in a game Australia must win.

No comments: