Wednesday 11 July 2007

Here at the my first Presser!

Well I learnt a new word this week!

Of course I sat in the front row.

Probably not close enough for my photography skills.

It's Michael Beauchamp, Brett Emerton and FFA Communications Manager Stuart Hodge.

Yes I asked two questions at my first ever Presser (Press Conference apparently)

Well what would you ask the day before Australia play Iraq?

1. Brett are you comfortable playing right-back or would you prefer to play further forward. (implication being I don't think he is.)

Brett: I've been playing there all season so I'm pretty happy. I'll play where I'm picked.

Dynamic question number two.

2. Are you and the Australian players aware that the Iraqi team each lost a member of their family in the war in Iraq?

Brett: No, we're just concentrating on our preparation. We haven't been thinking about the other team.

So marks out ten for me....no actually, keep it to yourself!

Observation:
Press Conferences are dead dead boring if this is anything to go by.

Are you fit?
Do you think you'll play?
How is your knock?
Did you expect to play last time?
How is the team?
How is the heat?
Did you underestimate Oman?

And so on and so forth.

Given we are playing Iraq and the significance of that in view of Aussie troops being at war in Iraq if not with Iraq, you think someone would have asked something along those lines..wouldn't you.

Maybe no-one cares.

Or can someone from The Chaser come in and just liven it up.

So my mate wants to know Red Curry or Green Curry? Which is their favourite?

Arnie's up tomorrow, what should I ask?

No comments: